Monday, June 27, 2011

Travel Gear: The Pullover

Realizing with great sadness that I won't be testing the services of the world's great hotels daily, I need to find other things on which to pontificate.  Travel gear seems like a natural spur to follow.

I have an unnaturally strong appreciation for the pullover.  Long plane flights, layovers, uncertain weather at destination, need for a make shift pillow, the ease of adding or subtracting a pullover has fantastical utility.  I have amassed a respectable collection of these useful garments.  I have rapidly grown especially fond of a recent addition from Patagonia.  The Patagonia Men's Lightweight Sun Hoody is extremely comfortable, offers some UV protection, and isn't bulky.  Probably not appropriate if your travel plans include something in extreme latitudes or altitudes but for general travel use, excellent.  There are colors other than the gray below but I went the one pictured.

Careful with the hood, Ted Kaczynski references never get old.