Monday, September 5, 2011

Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations



I don't watch that much television.  Brief aside, somehow when I'm overseas and packing my bag to return home, I will inevitably flip on the TV, find the National Geographic Channel, and there it is...Seconds From Disaster.  It is always a show about a commercial airplane disaster.  It's freakishly reliable.  I'm not superstitious; it's just tradition now.

Of course when I am home and turn on my TV, I'm naturally pulled toward shows about travel.  I must admit some jealously of Anthony Bourdain.  I'm sure the No Reservations show comes with its own drawbacks to produce, but travelling and eating...come on. 

I have to assume that restaurants featured on the show almost instantly becomes overrun with tourists.  But I'm not ashamed to say that I will likely join their ranks.  I do some restaurant scouting by watching the show and will definitely take in some of his places.  And he makes me laugh.  It worth a watch for any travel enthusiast, either for the ideas, the laughs or both.