Sunday, September 4, 2011

JW Marriott Shanghai at Tomorrow Square

Shanghai is a pretty impressive city, and it is filled with impressive hotels.  My own stay was at the JW Marriott Shanghai at Tomorrow Square.  I had the occasion to visit the Grand Hyatt and the Ritz Carlton (both in Pudong) as well.  All were impressive and you couldn't go wrong.



The JW Marriott occupies the upper third of the tallest building in the area (the lower portion is condos).  That in itself has value as it is hard to get overly lost, just look skyward.  The rooms were very well apportioned and generously sized.  I actually found the bed to be one of the more comfortable I've slept in.  The bathroom was notably luxurious.  The staff were unbelievably friendly and accommodating.  The on site restaurants were the best that I ate at while in Shanghai, but they also weren't to complained about.  I actually very much enjoyed the daily breakfast.  The executive lounge on the topmost floor afforded a great view of Shanghai (air quality allowing).  If I had one complaint it would be the elevators.  First you have to travel up to the hotel, and then from the lobby up to your room.  On top of that, the whole process runs a little slowly.  It isn't overly convenient, but it is mild encumbrance. 

On the whole, I have to say Shanghai is well worth a visit, and the JW Marriott at Tomorrow Square is a great value.  It definitely put the JW Marriott brand on the map for me.