Monday, September 5, 2011

Donatello's Tampa


Business has been taking me to Tampa semi-regularly.  I met some colleagues for a business dinner at an Italian restaurant, Donatello's (Italian is always a safe business dinner choice...do you know anyone who can't find something on an Italian menu?). 

The building is pretty unassuming.  It isn't hard to imagine that Donatello's has been around for almost 30 years in Tampa, in the same spot.  Do not let the building fool you.  Inside is everything you would imagine for a classic Italian restaurant.  The wine list is deep and impressive.  The food leaves nothing to be desired.  Being that it was Tampa, I had to go with the sea bass special and I was not disappointed.  The Caesar salad was classically done and over the top.  My only regret was that I had no room left for dessert.  If you need an upscale dinner destination in Tampa, Donatello's is definitely worth consideration.