Sunday, September 4, 2011

The Living Room Theater


I enjoy a good Bloody Mary.  I enjoy going to the movies.  Both things help me relax.  What could possibly be better than the union of those two things?  I salute the Living Room Theater in Portland, OR (there's also one in Boca Raton, FL) for not only combining two of my favorites but doing so very well. 

I recently stopped in to see The Trip.  It was a great movie, truly hilarious and worth a see in any theater.  Seeing it at the Living Room only enhanced the experience.  I had a Bloody Mary at the bar before the movie started, and then settled in to a very comfortable chair in an intimate theater and had another delivered to me by a cheerful staff.  The popcorn is served a size substantially more manageable than the usual 55-gallon drum that I never finish.  Concessions also run to the much more substantial, though I stopped at a Toblerone.  If you enjoy the movies and find yourself in Portland or Boca, I highly recommend you stop by and take in a show.  I can't imagine you'll be disappointed.