Monday, July 4, 2011

6-Piece International Adapter Kit from Brookstone

Ever wonder which type of adapter you'll need for your upcoming trip?  I used to rack my brain attempting to remember what plugs would look like in any given desitination, which was rarely successful (don't dedicate a lot of memory space to plug shapes).  Inevitably I would buy an adapter at the airport and leave it behind in the hotel room.  Then a family member put me onto the 6-Piece International Adapter Kit from Brookstone.  It is a little pricey at around $30, but I've never been anywhere that it didn't work, and I never have to think about plugs (other than remembering to throw the kit in my bag).  I will probably pick up another one after this trip.


Essentially, there is a base and onto that base you can slide any number of international plug types.  From there you just plug it into the wall.  The base itself is also capable of accepting various different plug configurations (2-prong, 3-prong, etc.).  It all fits nicely into the case that it comes with, around 5-inches square and 3 inches deep.  Definitely worth the investment.