Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Many Symptoms of Wanderlust

I didn't really feel like reflecting on a hotel tonight, so I thought I'd muse about the many ways travel touches my life.  Though I do start to get a little itchy if I go too long without cruising somewhere at 30,000 feet, that isn't the nature of symptom I'm referring to.  I actually find myriad positive externalises. 

My passion for travel begins with the journey not the destination.   I find airports to always be incredible people watching environments, witnessing the chance encounter of two old business colleagues at the lounge...wondering where that couple in the in climate attire is headed to at this time of year.  The enjoyment of the journey even touches on my preference in art.

Witness the a portfolio of photos by Josef Hofllehner appropriately named Jet Airliner.  Not what you'd expect unless you've been to St. Maarten in the Dutch Antilles.  Just for fun, I have to share this and this to provide some dramatic background to Josef's work.  And if you absolutely need a print for your living room, I highly recommend Anna at Jackson Fine Art in Atlanta.  She is amazing to work with.



Okay, fine.  If that inspired you to go surf the fence in St. Maarten (auto-biographical), I will recommend La Samanna.  It's an Orient Express property and the nicest on the island.  They are even offering a 30% discount on suites between now and December 21st.