Wednesday, July 27, 2011

World Mate Travel App

Most of my travel is not of the form described here but rather business trips to Newark, NJ or Tampa, FL with overnight stays at the Embassy Suites or Doubletree.  Paying the mortgage as the saying goes.  My Outlook calendar runneth over with flight information, hotel and rental car confirmations. 



I would like to believe that I am fairly organized.  I cannot remember the last time I missed a flight or arrived in a city without a rental car reservation.  But that is no reason to shun a useful tool.  The WorldMate Travel App is available on most devices.  If you grant it permission it will mine information from your e-mail account, pulling travel information from the confirmations sent by airlines, hotels, and rental car companies.  It organizes this information and overlays it with things like weather information, maps and directions, currency conversion, flight delays, a world clock and more. 

The app integrates well with Outlook.  If I had one complaint it would be that it doesn't always understand the e-mails that arrive from my company's travel agency.  Otherwise it is a great app with some really useful features.  I would recommend it to any frequent traveller.