Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Wallet to Take With You

I've heard that the big wallet is back.  I'm superbly unqualified to speak to the stylistic aspects of it, but I can share what motivated me.  Travelling overseas, I carry my passport with me everywhere I go.  It less about safety and more about the ability to use my American Express card without a large debate.  My passport was taking a beating, so I wanted a wallet that would hold a passport plus all the usual wallet affairs.


I came down on the Tumi Delta Passport Case.  It's large, large enough to hold a passport obviously.  I don't often carry my wallet in my pocket anyway.  To that end, the size doesn't bother me at all.  If you're planning on carrying it in a pants pocket daily, you will need big pockets.  Otherwise, the leather is exceptionally supple without being easily scratched.  There are a menagerie of pockets and compartments.  Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase.  I'm using it day-to-day now and not just away from home.