Monday, July 4, 2011

Corinthia Hotel, St. Petersburg (First Impressions)

It doesn't seem fair to pre-judge, so I'm calling these first impressions.  I'm staying at the Corinthia Hotel in St. Petersburg for ten days.  The Corinthia Hotels have an affiliation with Wyndham Hotels Group, and this is my first time staying at one of the Corinthia properties.  They have 10 or so hotels throughout Europe.

First impressions:

PROs:
  • The rooms are large for a European Hotel
  • The staff has been friendly and helpful
  • The location in St. Petersburg is fantastic
CONs:
  • The luxuriousness feels like a facade
  • The water in the shower smells like dirty river water
  • This time of year it doesn't get dark here at night, and the room isn't well equipped to block out the midnight sun
As I said, definitely first impressions and I wouldn't read more criticism here than is intended.  It is a nice hotel.  I’m only 3 days into my stay.  At this point in my stay though, I feel oversold by the website.  More to come.

UPDATE: Check out my final impressions too.