Saturday, July 9, 2011

Hartmann Tweed Luggage Collection-Disappointed

For quite some time I've really appreciated the Hartmann Tweed Luggage Collection.  I think it has an exceptionally sharp and timeless look.  It's no revalation that it takes a leap of faith to check a really nice piece of luggage, and I would never check any of my three pieces from this collection.


I have, however, to confess a recent disappointment.  Though, I've never had any other problems, recently the wheels on my 22' wheeled piece have begun falling apart.  I've had it for years, but rarely used it until this year and then only as a carry-on.  It has gotten some miles put on it over the last year, but at around $600 I would expect it to take those miles in stride.

Hartmann does have a total warranty guarantee for products sold after February 1, 2010, but I had purchased mine long before then.  And even so, the owner is responsible for shipping both ways.  It's a great look and generally well put together.  Nonetheless, I have to offer up some caution on the wheeled suitcases.